REEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE UPDATES from COVID-19:
- Governor DeSantis has directed DEO to continue waiving the work search and work registration requirements for claimants through August 1, 2020.
- The waiting week requirement will continue to be waived through August 1, 2020.
Reemployment Assistance, formerly known as Unemployment Compensation, provides temporary wage replacement benefits to qualified individuals who are out of work through no fault of their own. All Reemployment Assistance claims can be filed online using CONNECT.
Before filing, make sure you have the following information available:
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License or State ID Number
- Your employment for the last 18 months including for each employer:
- Name, address, and phone number
- First and last day of work
- Gross earnings (before taxes are taken out) during the listed dates
- The reason for separation
- FEIN (this is found on any W2 or 1099 tax forms you have received)
If you don’t have the FEIN, you can use employer details off of a recent paystub.
Claims filed without correctly reporting employers may experience delays. It is important to list the correct employment information when filing your claim. If you fail to do so, your benefits may be delayed while the missing employment information is obtained.
Additionally, if you are one of the following, make sure you have this information available:
- Not a U.S. Citizen: Alien Registration number or other work authorization form
- Military Employee: DD-214 Member 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 may be used
- Federal Employee: SF 8 or SF 50
- Union Member: union name, hall number, and phone number
As a claimant, you are also required to register at EmployFlorida.com and upload a resume. If you do not have internet access, public computers are available at all of our locations, as well as local public libraries, community centers and colleges and universities (if you are a student).
Questions or concerns regarding Reemployment Assistance must be directed to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) at 1-800-204-2418.
Reemployment Filing Resources
Reemployment Assistance Handbook
CONNECT Claimant User Guide