Gulf Coast has been closely monitoring COVID-19, taking precautionary measures
to keep our staff members and customers safe.
As of Friday, April 17, all locations in Bay and Franklin
Counties will be closed to the public until further notice.
“The decision to close our locations to the public was a very difficult decision to make, said Kim Bodine, Executive Director of CareerSource Gulf Coast. “However, most of our appointments with clients have ended with them being unable to complete their Reemployment Assistance claim. This, with growing concerns about the virus, put us in a position where we felt we had no plausible course of action but to move to remote services offered over the telephone or email.”
Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) released a paper version of the Reemployment
Assistance application (also known as Unemployment Compensation) on April 3, and
a mobile-friendly landing page on April 8, giving claimants five options to
apply for benefits:
1. Online through the CONNECT system at floridajobs.org
2. Online through the new mobile-friendly landing page. This option is for individuals who do not already have an existing claim. Claimants cannot claim their weeks through this application.
3. Filling out and mailing in a paper application to DEO
4. Filling out a digital version of the application, downloading and printing the completed application and mailing it to DEO
5. By phone by calling 1 (800) 204-2418. This
line is designated for customers who need help filing their claim and cannot do
so online due to legal reasons, computer literacy, language barriers and/or disabilities.
immediately, CareerSource Gulf Coast will operate virtually, providing all services
to customers via phone and email.
digital versions of the Reemployment Assistance application, available in English,
Spanish and Creole, can be accessed by visiting careersourcegc.com/ and clicking on
the COVID-19 web banner.
CareerSource also has printed
versions available at all office locations, as well as at the following locations:
- Bay County Public Library
- Breakfast Point Academy
- Callaway Elementary
- Cedar Grove Elementary
- Deane Bozeman School
- Hutchinson Beach Elementary
- Lynn Haven Elementary
- Merritt Brown Middle School
- Parker Elementary
- Patronis Elementary
- St. Andrews at Oakland Terrace
- Waller Elementary
- West Bay Elementary
- Carrabelle City Hall
- Ards Service Station